CELLS FOR LIFE
Advanced cellular therapies hold great promise for the future and they are currently the only hope for many incurable diseases.
Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products (ATMPs) comprising ex vivo expanded somatic cell therapy products and tissueengineered products, are at the forefront of innovation.
The FRCBS plays an important role in stem cell, tissue and organ transplantations in Finland. We match donors with recipients, and cooperate with other registries worldwide in order to find the best match for the patient. We have established and run
the Finnish Bone Marrow Registry
the Cord Blood Bank
and the Bone Bank.
Contract manufacturing of cell based ATMPs for clinical trials
We have established
an Advanced Cell Therapy Centre
to develop novel cell production processes and new product testing methods to meet demanding national and EU requirements for Good Manufacturing Practise covering ATMPs.
The facility will house cleanroom space, allowing GMP level production of cellular therapy products, as well as a cell culture laboratory for cell products testing and process development.
- Allows manufacture of consistent autologous or allogeneic products to a predefined quality
- Offers rigorous control of the manufacturing process and specifications
- Allows us to produce:
- somatic cell therapy products
- tissue engineering products
- combined advanced therapy medicinal products
- Is optimal for small to medium-scale cell production (up to 109 cells)
- Offers a flexible and adaptable cleanroom solution
- Offers scientific and quality expertise to enable rapid translation from research into a GMP-compliant production process
Last modified 28.12.2011 © Veripalvelu 2013